Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nature always with me

 Oglesby Pond ( on Camp Road), oil on canvas panel
 
Morning Reflections, Williams Creek, oil on canvas panel
 
I also like working directly from nature, plein air.  When I am there with the sound of water or buzzing of bees, I become a part of the place and nature accepts me.  Once a deer almost ran over me while I was painting and wild turkeys, some of the wariest of creatures, have walked within a few feet of me. I have learned so much from these experiences and these paintings are the kind of deep study that often finds its way into my more creative work. I have come to know trees and rocks and they are always with me waiting to be a part of the worlds I create from my inner vision.
 
 
A Chill Wind That Blows No Good, Water media
To see more of my work visit www.donnafmcgee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment