Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dragonfly Mysteries


Water Color Blues, Acrylic: mixed media, 29 x 21 inches (sold)
To see more of Donna's artwork, visit her website.
 
 
This summer I spent most days in my studio. The path from the house to the studio passes by my fish pond. You may have read in a previous post that I have a fascination with dragonflies. One of my favorite inspirational writings asks "What do you know about dragonflies...?" and is about the mystery of life and death.  Well I still don't have answers to the questions of life, death and why, but this summer I have learned a little about the life of dragonflies.  I have watched them fighting, mating, hunting, feeding (eating other bugs), changing states; seen their various poses and finally ordered books to try and give them names. Dragonfly identification is very confusing so the mystery remains, but I think this is a blue dasher. (Mystery to be continued next week) 


No comments:

Post a Comment